I help couples decrease conflict, improve communication, and increase emotional and sexual intimacy. I don’t just sit back and ask you how they feel. I have an engaged style that stops negative patterns and helps you learn new, more productive communication tools and connect to each other again.
In our first hour, I typically have three goals:
- I try to hear each person about the challenges.
- I ask what you love about each other so I can remind you that there is hope.
- I give you a tool or task so you can begin making changes right away.
Beyond the first session I complete an assessment and we create goals together. Here are the most common relationship goals I help couples achieve:
- Decreasing conflict
- Improving communication
- Deepening emotional connection
- Enhancing sexual satisfaction
- Increasing self-care and self-soothing
- Resolving values differences
I utilize therapeutic techniques from the Gottman method, emotionally focused couples therapy, and other empirically validated marriage therapy methods.
Still have questions? Contact me.