I am most effective at helping individual clients with:
- Sexual issues
- Relationship problems (like negative patterns or discernment about your relationship)
- Anxiety and panic
When the focus of treatment is on symptom relief I often take the following approach:
- Witnessing symptomatic behaviors, speech, and thoughts with empathy;
- Developing behaviors, thoughts, and speech that eliminates or helps you cope with symptoms;
- We work together to find out what is triggering those symptoms, decrease the symptoms, and increase your indicators of mental health outside of the sessions;
- Finally we focus on creating a plan to manage and/or prevent your symptoms for the long term.
Not all clients come to individual therapy for symptom relief. Relationship quality is an important factor in overall well-being. Working to improve the quality of your platonic, romantic, familial, and professional relationships is also a way therapy with me may help you feel better.